What is Luminosity Gaming, and how does it work?
Luminosity Gaming is a Canadian esports team that fields players in Apex Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, Overwatch, and Call of Duty, as well as a roster of well-known content producers from the gaming community. Luminosity Gaming, based in Toronto, Canada, was established in 2015 by Steve “Buyaka” Maida, a former marketing professional and entrepreneur. Luminosity joined Enthusiast Gaming in September 2019, the biggest gaming network in North America with over 300 million players globally. Luminosity Gaming is one of the fastest-growing esports companies in North America, with millions of devoted followers and a track record of competitive success.
Founders, CEOs, and Business Owners
In 2015, Steve “Buyaka” Maida, a former marketing expert, entrepreneur, and esports fan established Luminosity Gaming. Luminosity has been partly owned by investors such as Enthusiast Gaming founder Menashe Kestenbaum after the parent business and Enthusiast Gaming merged in September 2019. Since April 2019, Tory Lanez, a Grammy Award-nominated Canadian rapper, has become an owner and worldwide spokesperson for the organization. NFL stars Richard Sherman and Darius Slay, professional baseball player Trevor May, and well-known DJ Steven “ZHU” Zhu are among the company's other stockholders and ambassadors.
While Luminosity Gaming has utilized its distinctive "LG eye" logo since its inception in 2015, the design has undergone minor aesthetic modifications. The logo was flattened and sharpened in 2018 to represent Luminosity's growing prominence in the esports scene. The logo is created with an "L" in the center, symbolizing the initial letter of the team's name, and is surrounded in a circle that symbolizes the cycle of life, according to Luminosity. This circle symbolizes Luminosity's strong emphasis on collaboration, with each member contributing equally and no one person is more or less essential than the other. Finally, the blue backdrop of the logo signifies luminosity—a light that symbolizes hope, inspiration, and good energy.
Content Creators, Members, and Rosters
Luminosity Gaming's rivals, content producers, and brand advocates are varied.
Creators of Content:
- Allen “Allenownz” Polyakov is a well-known streamer and gaming TikToker best known for his Fortnite videos, with over one million TikTok followers.
- Tori Pareno is a TikTok celebrity and streamer who is famous for her viral hand feats and cosplays.
- Anthony "Harbleu" Ballo is a popular Overwatch broadcaster and top player with hundreds of thousands of Twitch followers.
- Bennett "Melt" Melts is a Fortnite content producer renowned for his one-of-a-kind trickshot videos and expert trolling skills. He is most known for his YouTube channel, which has over 300,000 followers.
- Elliott "MuselK" Watkins is a YouTuber and streamer from Australia who is well-known for his Fortnite video. MuselK has almost 9 million YouTube followers!
- Eric "Problem" Wright: Known as the greatest Madden NFL player on the planet, Problem has been competing in Madden competitions since 2005. On Twitch, he frequently broadcasts for hundreds of thousands of viewers.
- Harley "Fresh" Fresh is an Australian competitive Fortnite player with over 10 million Twitch and YouTube followers and subscribers.
- Jack "Pinky" is a British Fortnite content producer who lost his finger when he was two years old, thus the moniker.
- Louis "LosPollos": Originally an NBA 2K broadcaster, this New Jersey native has now switched to Fortnite and has over 500,000 Twitch followers.
- Shivam “ShivFPS” Patel is a competitive Apex Legends player from the United Kingdom with over 200,000 Twitch followers.
- Ludwig “Anomaly” Lagerstedt is a Swedish-born first-person shooter gamer with over 5 million Twitch and YouTube subscribers. He also has a separate channel called Papanomaly, which he uses to collaborate with his father on material!
- Victor “Dedreviil” Calderon is a game content developer that is multilingual in English and Spanish and is renowned for his witty sense of humour. Dedreviil has over a million Twitter followers and over 3 million Twitch followers!
- “Sommerset” Kayla: Sommerset, one of the top female Fortnite players in the world, frequently broadcasts for a Twitch audience of over 150,000 people.
- Rocky "Rockynohands" Stoutenburgh is a Call of Duty player who also happens to be the first quadriplegic gamer to join an esports squad. He has smashed several Guinness World Records by streaming gaming in front of thousands of spectators using just his voice.
- Felix “xQc” Lengyel: This Canadian streamer and former top Overwatch player is one of the most well-known figures in the gaming world.
- Maria "Chica" Lopez: Chica has been a part of Luminosity Gaming since October 2020. She is a top female Fortnite player and a multilingual English and Spanish broadcaster.
- Nicholas “Nick Eh 30” Amyoony is a professional Fortnite player, Twitch broadcaster, and YouTuber from Canada who has amassed over 2,000 Fortnite victories.
Roster for Apex Legends
The Apex Legends lineup for Luminosity Gaming includes:
- Anton “Xaniya” Shkuratov
- Anatoly “Wrugb” Belousov
- Oleksander “Sanya” Bokuchav
- Oleksandr “Xeon” Bakumenko (Coach)
Roster for Fortnite
The following players make up Luminosity Gaming's Fortnite roster:
- Jared “Eclipsae” Elwood
- Andrew “Keys”
- Michael “Hogman” Hogman
- Dino “Khuna” Smriko
Roster of Valorant
The Valorant roster at Luminosity Gaming includes:
- Alex “aproto” Protopapas
- Brenden “Stellar” McGrath
- Brady “Thief” Dever, and
- Justin “Ksiaze” Goszczynski
Roster for Overwatch
The Vancouver Titans are Luminosity Gaming's Overwatch squad, and they are made up of the following players:
- Randal “Roolf” Stark
- Dalton “Dalton” Bennyhoff
- Abtin “ShRedLock” Shirvani,
- Niclas “sHockWave” Smidt Jensen
Roster for Call of Duty
The Seattle Surge is Luminosity Gaming's Call of Duty League squad, which includes:
- Sam “Octane” Larew
- Peirce “Gunless” Hillman
- Preston “Prestinni” Sanderson
- Daniel “Loony” Loza
- Joey “Nubzy” DiGiacomo (Coach)