Sunrisers Hyderabad has been one of the most dominant teams in the IPL for a while. They have become a team that is known to defend short targets and no matter how backed up they are against the wall, they somehow find a way to come back swinging. They have been one of the better teams in the IPL. They are one team who have always given a lot of importance to their bowling attack and they have had some of the best bowling attacks the IPL has ever seen.
However, like other teams, even the mighty Sunrisers had to part ways with quite a few of their huge superstars, and the first two names that are bound to strike anyone’s mind are David Warner and Rashid Khan.
pic source: twitter.com
Now it is known to everyone that David Warner and SRH had to part ways after all that happened in the last IPL. However, SRH will be sad about losing the services on perhaps the most wicket-taking and lethal spinner in the last decade - Yep! You guessed it right. We are talking about Rashid Khan. SRH also lost a few other key players like J Bairstow and Jason Holder. Let us see whom they have bought to replace these absolute superstars.
Let us look at their expected playing XI and their strengths and squads of the Sunrisers Hyderabad -
- Kane Williamson (C) - Perhaps one of the most loved cricketers in the world, Kane Williamson is the epitome of class and talent. He is one of the best ambassadors of the gentleman’s game and he is a fantastic captain as well. When the list for retentions was made, without a shred of doubt, he must have been the first name on the list.
- Abhishek Sharma - In whatever little chances that he did ghetto play, Abhishek Sharma has shown that he is a good talent. He played some amazing little knocks that made SRH pick him again.
- Rahul Tripathi - Rahul Tripathi has been one of the better players in the IPL for a while now. He was a key player for the Kolkata Knight riders and will be gutted that they had to let him go. He is a fabulous stroke player and is someone who will come in handy while chasing huge targets.
- Aiden Markram - One of the most elegant stroke players of the modern era, Aiden Markram is an amazing player to watch when he is on-song. He had a good outing in the last IPL with Punjab Kings and he has been performing well internationally too. He will be looking to carry that momentum in the IPL as well.
- Nicholas Pooran (WK) - Nicholas Pooran is another very talented player who has the potential to be a huge T20 star if he already isn't. He is the sort of player who can win you matches on his own and the Sunrisers have invested heavily in him and they will be hoping he comes good for them.
- Abdul Samad - Abdul Samad played some very impactful cameos for SRH in the latter half of last season and he will be looking to play a more dependable role for Hyderabad. He might turn out to be their trump card this season.
- Romario Shephard - SRH has heavily invested in Romario Shepherd and he will have some pressure on his shoulders to justify that investment. But he has that quality and that talent and if he delivers, SRH will be a force to be reckoned with.
- Washington Sundar - He will be one of their most important all-rounders and trump cards. Sundar will be expected to play like a senior pro and deliver for this SRH team both with the bat and the ball.
- Kartik Tyagi - Kartik Tyagi will be looking to continue the same form he showed last year in the IPL. He had more than a decent season with the Rajasthan Royals last season and he will be looking to continue the same form.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar - One of India’s finest swing bowlers, Bhuvi will be the most senior bowler and the leader of the bowling pack of this SRH side.
- T Natarajan - Natarajan is a very good and versatile bowler who has a good mixture of slower balls and cutters and he is someone who can bowl accurate pinpoint yorkers and is a real asset to have especially in the death overs.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad IPL 2022:
Kane Williamson, Abdul Samad, Umran Malik, Washington Sundar, Nicholas Pooran, T Natarajan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Priyam Garg, Rahul Tripathi, Abhishek Sharma, Karik Tyagi, Shreyas Gopal, Jagadeesha Suchith, Aiden Markram, Marco Jansen, Romario Shepherd, Sean Abbott, R Samarth, Saurabh Dubey, Shashank Singh, Vishnu Vinod, Glenn Philips, Fazalhaq Farooqi.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Playing 11 IPL 2022 (Suggested XI)
Kane Williamson (C), Abhishek Sharma, Rahul Tripathi, Aiden Markram, Nicholas Pooran (WK), Abdul Samad, Romario Shephard, Washington Sundar, Kartik Tyagi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar & T Natarajan